Wednesday, April 1, 2009

are my arms supposed to be longer?

worked lever progression today. pretty sweet except it's one of those things you're like i'm never going to be able to do this...okay okay i will. (just not soon :P ) i have decided they need to make a gymnastics for dummies book because i have "issues" with the part that most people don't even think about. i have a harder time getting my legs through my arms to the other side of the bar then doing the damn lever. i really think my arms aren't long enough. there's only so much space to work with.

anyways in my quest to get a muscle up i decided that i will NEVER miss a wod that has muscleups in it. "a muscle up is highest pullup and the deepest dip you'll ever do. the road is paved with dips and pullups" blah blah blah. all that does is cause my hand to rip. okay now the bitching is going overboard. i'll simmer down. when i was referring to this wod i actually said "i'm not sure i'll ever be able to do that prescribed." as soon as i said it i realized how many other things i've said that about. fran, annie, filthy fifty, etc. i take it back. it's just going to hurt a lot on the way there.

1 MU/10 HSPU
2 MU/8 HSPU
4 MU/6 HSPU
6 MU/4 HSPU
8 MU/2 HSPU
10 MU/1 HSPU

subbed 3 pullups and 1 ring dip (with skinny black band) for MU, BA HSPU
20:38

ring dips were harder than normal today. not sure if it was the combination of those and hspu or if this week was harder on me than i realized or if i'm just a big pansy but lockout was a battle (that i didn't always win).

last 28 pullups were 1 by 1, holding on by fingertips, praying not to fall. i manage my calluses so what's with all the f-ing blood blisters/rips?

FOOD:
so i know you don't want to see the boring stuff. if you don't know i eat steak, eggs, string cheese, fruit, dill pickle cashew, pickles, green beans, fish oil and sugar free dark choc. that's about it. however i would like people to see how LITTLE i care about "cheating". when i want food, i eat it. but i have to actually want it. and i don't feel bad about eating it. i might feel sick but not guilty. my workout the next day might suck but i still don't feel bad about myself. if i can't see any muscles in my stomach guess what...time to quit eating crap for a little bit.

today i was all set to grill. cole wanted NO part in it. it's pretty easy to be persuaded out of cooking. so like my typical all out feeding- queso, chips, quesadillas and some pumpkin/cream cheese roll thing. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM. and it's glorious rest day tomorrow so i don't even have to suck at a wod. :)

1 comment:

  1. i feel like my arms are too short too...did you save a pumpkin cream cheese thing for me?

    ReplyDelete