Thursday, February 19, 2009

3 minutes and 54 seconds...completely worth it

so since doing this 21 day challenge i've had probably two occasions where i wanted to eat something and then decided...no i hate burpees. FYI- if you break the challenge (cheat on diet) you have to do 50 burpees for each occasion. well i've had lunch with a friend planned for like a week and a half and we ALWAYS go to OTB (On the Border). i think the mexican gods would probably put a curse on our homes if we didn't. so i knew well ahead of time that i was going to be doing fifty lovely burpees on my rest day.

50 burpees 3:54

abso-flippin-lutely worth it. i love queso. i'd never even tried it until like two years ago. was completely happy with life just eating salsa. "here try this"...i'm imagining this is a little like the serpent and eve in the garden. i have something i literally want all the time and can't say no to. CRAP.

the zone is a solid program and paleo isn't all that bad. but i refuse to give up vices for good...i just try to limit the amount of times i give in.

no idea what blocks were today. only ate one other meal of drunk chicken, veggies, nuts, etc.

2 comments:

  1. It is so easy to get so wrapped up in "the zone" or whatever and miss out on really good things. I don't want eating either good or bad to control my life-been there did that in HS- I feel better eating on the zone and on my cheat days I have noticed that most of my cheating resembles the zone give a cookie or two, so maybe I'm just getting into habit. I also agree with you on the queso...well chips in general for me. If you hear I "fell off the wagon" look for me at Ted's with a basket of chips and my queso/salsa that never seems to run out. yum...tastes so good....but always makes me feel like crap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so the truth. at least now i recognize that within an hour of my queso fest my body has an incredible desire to take a nap....hmmmmmmm imagine that

    ReplyDelete