Saturday, February 21, 2009

i love cleaning (and jerking)

for a long time now if someone asks what's my favorite thing to do in crossfit my immediate answer is "clean and jerk". there's no hesitation, nothing else even enters my mind. i love grace. i love "the complex". however lately everytime i clean i've been thinking "this sucks why do i like it?"

well today was my lightbulb moment. i like cleaning heavy for singles. i like cleaning moderate weights in metcons. i DO NOT like cleaning heavy weights for metcons and trying to do it fast. i'm shitty at it. my form is shitty. i care too much about the clock. i care too much about a heavy weight. it destroys my back for 2-3 days. i simply do not like it. my entire workout today was muddled by the fact that my back is still "tender" (another name for weak) from the wod the other day. that is stupid. so i hereby vow...AGAIN...to pick my weights using common sense on what will increase work output and also what will allow the rest of my workouts that week to still be effective. i will not lift the heaviest weight that i physically can 30-45 times as fast i can. i'm an adult and i know better.

in trying to perfect form weights have been dropped about 20-30%. could feel tenderness in back the whole time.

DL 143x3 163x3 173x3 173x3 173x3 (last two sets sketchy)
PP 73x3 83x3 88x3 93x3 98(f)

Running Grace
10 cleans
run to fence and back
10 jerks
run
10 clean and jerks
run
10 jerks
run
10 cleans

6:15 63#
absolutely loved this wod. put that one in the hopper for later

SW- knees to elbows. sets of five between lifts. all completely legit which is a new feeling for me

FOOD
1230 3P/7F
2 eggs
3 slices turkey bacon
cashews

1830 3P/2.5C/6F
3 oz steak
green beans
dove sf dark choc
cashews

2100 2P/2C/4F
2 oz string cheese
raisins
cashews

0330 1P/10F
bacon
cashews
**not the plan but eggs weren't cooked. the whole meal was bad news***

2 comments:

  1. Not sure why, but I love cleans too. Not sure about the jerking part though. The workout sounds great--I'll give it a try when I get back sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will love it. it was the most enjoyable wod i've done in like three months

    ReplyDelete