Friday, March 6, 2009

a new kind of cluster

WOD: DB cluster ladder. Huh? I'm sorry what's that? When I say something is a cluster I mean that this situation is all kinds of jacked up. DB cluster= clean +thruster. Ahhhhhhhh I see.

This workout was one of the first ones to surprise me in a while. Usually I don't underestimate wods but I think I did so with this one do to the dumbbell factor. A 60# clean is not very heavy. A 60# thruster is still not very heavy. Do them with dumbbells...wtf was that? Oh yeah that's right I'm going to have to stabilize these more...interesting. I think twice I cleaned it and actually dropped one of the dumbbells back on the floor. Well done Shanna.

Still better than Murph. (Except now I do want to do Murph again so I can see if my time improves. I'm sure if I take a minute this feeling will pass) Twice in less than a month is too much for me. I'll give it a little while.

DB cluster ladder
8 rds completed as rx'd

Didn't start 9th rd...I know I know but guess what....hush.

FOOD- may be a few more blocks than normal due to longer day
1230 3P/1C/4F
2 eggs
2 turkey bacon
1/2 apple
almonds

1730 4P/3C/8F
4 oz steak
1 c. green beans
sugar free dark choc
cashews

2130 3P/1C/6F
turkey tacos
cashews

2330 2P/2C/4F
2 oz string cheese
raisins
cashews

0130 2P/??F
2 oz string cheese
cashews

really hungry today. hopefully it will balance out soon.

1 comment: