Tuesday, March 24, 2009

rest WEEK

that's right baby...WEEK. i told hans i was going to do a 50-70% week and his response was to take a week off. DONE. so this whole week is about getting my joints/body to get the range of motion it should have without a whole bunch of pain and discomfort.

Monday I had my first visit with THE Dr. Kevin Jones, who is certified in ART (Active Release Technique). I don't really know the specifics in the magic he does but I know when I left my left arm could actually go behind my head when in the overhead position versus stopping naturally in front...which FYI is "fairly" important/standard for thrusters, press, push press and push jerk. Thank you sir I'll be back later this week.

Tuesday(wait that's today) I had my first visit with Ronti, a masseuse at Massage Envy. AHHHHHHH. You know let's be honest...I would like to leave a massage with all the knots worked out of my back/shoulders but holy FUCK...do you know how painful that is. They're not all gone, and there are plenty to still work on but at least they know they will have to take up residence somewhere else because this girl; quite likes getting massages. As long as they alternate between 'deep tissue' and nice touches. No happy ending thanks.

As far as working out....eh not so much. Monday I stretched. ALOT. For like thirty minutes which is about 300 times longer than I've stretched before. Also worked on deadhang pullups and ring dips. I am absolutely horrible at deadhang pullups. I can do three with the blue band when I'm fresh. That's it. I'm quickly down to singles..WITH THE BLUE BAND. Thus creating my newest obsession. (the ring dips will stay)

Today: stretched and then worked turkish get ups. Worked up to 50# on each side. 10# more than last time (or the only other time I've done this). I like these..might add them to the warm up like once a week or so. Or they could end up happening about as much as my posting or staying STRICT on my diet. :)

1 comment:

  1. awesome! Hope you are getting some rest...Dr. Jones does some awesome work...just remember to keep stretching it out afterwards...those darn muscles/joints like to go back to the path of least resistance :)

    ReplyDelete